For a while it seemed like every Beauty influencer was talking about the Violet Voss Holy Grail eyeshadow palette. So, I am a little bit late to the party. Recently, Violet Voss has entered Sephora making it easier to order and buy in stores, so I took the opportunity to finally get my hands on this beautifully packaged palette.
The palette retails for $45. You get 20 shadows and a wonderful large mirror. I actually have been using the mirror lately to do my makeup sense it is so nice.
The palette is full of warm and cranberry shades. Very on par with recent trends. Very rarely do I hop on to trends, but this one I absolutely adore.
The pans are nicely sized and the packaging seems sturdy, although it is made of cardboard.
- Thanks A Latte
- Awesome Sauce
- How U Doin
- Bat My Eyes
- Cool Beans
- R U Kitten Me
- So Jelly
- On Fleek
- Brownie Points
- Teddy Bear
- Cranberry Splash
- Wine N Dine
The shadow names are hilarious to me. Never have I referred to something as on fleek and I have no clue what a Ploof is, but the shade names still crack me up.
- I started off by priming my eyes with the Too Face Shadow Insurance. I set it with the shade Thanks A Latte. I also used this to blend out any harsh edges.
- I then went in with a large fluffy brush and placed the shade Transition in my crease and a bit above and below it to act as, of course, my transition.
- Then I went in with a smaller crease brush and buffed in the shade Bestie.
- I repeated this step with the shade R U Kitten Me.
- Then I took the shade Brownie Points on the outer part of my eye with a fluffy shader brush.
- I then lightly put Bat My Eyes on the inner part of my outer lid, if that makes since.
- Then I carved out my lid with a concealer.
- I then used a flat packer brush to pack on the shade Cranberry Splash, obviously over the concealer.
- I used Thanks A Latte to high light my brow bone.
- I then did a wing, with the Too Face Sketch Marker in Black.
- For my lower lash line, I lined my water line with a black pencil.
- Then I put the shade Wine N Dine right in my water line. I wouldn’t do this if your eyes are really sensitive. Just recently have my eyes gotten used to doing this. Know your limits.
- I buffed this out with the shade Transition.
- Lastly for shadows, I popped Ploof in my inner corner.
- Once my eyes were properly painted up, I applied the Tarte Tarteist Mascara.
Over all thoughts
If you are wanting to spend some money on an eyeshadow palette, and like these shades, this is the one I would highly recommend. The shadows are all consistently wonderful. You get a wide variety of mattes, shimmers, and metallics. After trying this Palette I want every single other Violet Voss palette. In fact, I think I am going to use a gift card I got to pick up another.
The formula is extremely blendable. 20 shades, all of which are stunning, very much so worth the $45 you are spending. I would say skip out on similarly priced palettes and pick up one from Violet Voss.
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦 out of five pigeons think that this palette has earned its name of the Holy Grail palette.
Thank you for reading 🦄🦄
Have you tried this Palette? Which Violet Voss palette is your favorite?
Find me on SC and IG @manda_janette