I am sure y’all have heard, but Kathleen Lights did a collab with Morphe. Now, I have never previously tried Morphe. What better a time to try the brand, than when my favorite You Tuber releases an eyeshadow palette with them?
This palette is priced at just under $15. With a discount code Kathleen shared and then shipping applied, I got it for a bit under $24! I looked for price details on the Morphe website, but the palette is currently sold out and would not allow me to pull up any details on it.
This palette contains 15 matte and shimmer shades, all with amazing pigmentation. KL says that she chose her favorite Morphe shades for this palette and even helped them to create some of the shades.
Row by Row:
Above is row one.
- To start off, I primed my eyes with the Urban Decay Primer Potion in “Eden”.
- I used the matte cream shade to set the primer. I also used this to blend out harsh edges and highlight my brow bone.
- TO act as my transition shade, I mixed the 4th shade in the 3rd and the 4th shade in the 2nd row.
- For my lid I used the 3rd shade in the 2nd row. This went all over my lid.
- I then took the 2nd shade in the 2nd row and put it all over the top of my other lid shade, then really concentrated it on the outer corner.
- To deepen my crease and lower lash line I used the 5th shade in the 2nd row.
- I highlighted my inner corner with the 1st shade in the 1st row.
I love the matte shades, but I think the metallic shades are pretty chunky. They look weird on the eye at first, but once they warm up to your skin they look really pretty. Apply them in a patting motion or it will look very patchy.
I think this palette has a great variety of warm toned shades, and the pop of emerald green is really nice. I also really enjoy that there are some plumy shades thrown into it.
I do not have another palette set up like this and the pigmentation is out of this world for how inexpensive it is. I do wish the metallic shades weren’t so chunky, but the little extra fuss they take is worth it for how beautiful they can end up appearing on the eye.
If you can get your hands on this I would say go for it. If not I would definitely check out other Morphe shadows- I know I am going to.
I hope you loved this post! What do your think of this palette? What are your Morphe must haves? Comment below! Want more B&T? Check out this post from May! You can also find me on Instagram and Snap Chat as manda_janette