I got tagged by my friend Kaylin to do this tag! Check out her blog! She is fantastic! ❤
All you have to do is list:
5 Things that make you happy
5 Songs that make you happy
5 Bloggers to complete this tag
5 Things that make me happy:
- First and most of all, my little boy <3. His name is Parker Miles. I gave him up for adoption when he was born, he was adopted by family friends who can not have children of their own. I am still very much involved in his life and he is still aware tha I am his mother. I am very blessed to have his adopted parents in my life <3.
2. Another thing that makes me happy is my fiance Josiah! I have known him since I was 16, and we have been together for a little over a year now. He is truly my best friend, and I appreciate everything he does for me. ❤
This is my favorite picture. It is so candid and so sweet.
3. I am done being all cheesy and sweet. The fact that Norman Reedus is a human being that graces this earth makes me happy. I mean sweet Jesus that man is beautiful.
Check out my instagram, @mrs_daryldixon_
4. Makeup makes me happy. Obviously. It is so beautiful and there are some many different products and shades. When I put it on myself and other people I feel like I am an artist. It just makes me happy.
5. Writing makes me happy. I have been writing for a very long time. I have been published in newspapers and similar platforms, have won awards, and have had articles up on some websites under a pseudonym I use to use Being able to write this blog a write everyday gives me a sense of purpose that I missed more than I could have ever imagined that I would.
5 Songs that make me happy
- More than a Woman by the Bee Gees. It makes me want to dance, I heard it once on my way to a football game when I was a cheerleader and ever since then it just makes me super excited.
- God Made Girls by a girl whose name I can’t remember. The first time I heard it was on the way back from my doctors appointment when I found out the sex of Parker. My doctor thought he was a girl. I cried the 1st time I heard it, now it makes me giggle.
- Lordes cover of Everybody Wants to Rule the world. I am not a fan of the Hunger Game movies or books, but I really REALLY like this song.
- Amanda by Boston. This is the song I am named after. I have had at least 5 guys play it for me thinking they were being cute and original. It makes me laugh, sometimes I sing it to myself when I am sad.
- The Fame on Fire cover of Hello. I do not really like Adelel’s version. And I know this song is supposed to be sad. BUT, I was diagnosed with chronic depression when I was around 15. Sometimes, when I get in one of my very bad episodes I will almost feel numb. ( If anyone is interested in learning more about all of that please let me know!) I will listen to this song when this happens, and actually feel something, sometimes just knowing I am not a completely void emotionless person is enough to save me from myself.
The Prep The Punk The Posh (ALL of you <3)
Check out all of their blogs, they are all so great!